Let's Hope Good Things Come in 3s.

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Dukem737, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Dukem737

Dukem737 Third Technician

Oh dear, I haven't posted in the comments thread, have I? :lol: Sorry about the mess up, I feel stupider than a photocopier. ;-) If a mod can transfer this into the comments thread, I would greatly appreciate it.

Wow, it really is hard to keep up with all of the replies! I'm immeasurably sad however, so I've read every one. :lol: Hope I can get this one in before I'm sent kicking and screaming to page 20. :P

Just thought I'd first concur with Dan in that I agree 100% about the whole 'feeling like a Children in Need Special' thing. The plot especially slots into that description nicely. It doesn't feel like a TV mini-series/movie at all. The humour is quite lacking, too. The only joke I truly found funny was the ridiculous way in which Rimmer found out the 'Nose man's' address. Pretty much everything else so far has been a bit cringe worthy and drawn out more than a Stretch Armstrong, in my opinion.

Also, I honestly can't understand why they would choose such a boring story for the much sought-after return of a cult TV show. The plot as it stands at the moment, without any despair-squid similarities, is really not going to please many people at all (including me). This leads me to believe that Doug does indeed have a very cunning and cheeky plot twist up his sleevies. And if he doesn't, well, we'll all have to chase him with our armies. :roll: :-D

Oh, and those origami things of Cat's don't look like Squids to me at all. :? I'm not sure why everyone apart from me (it seems) thinks so? If you ask me, they resemble Red Dwarf more than anything else.

I hope that everyone understands that while I seem a bit critical, I still remain hopeful for Part 3. Unlike most people here who think they can watch 2/3 of a program and immediately deem it unworthy of their retinas. :roll:

2. hubbard

hubbard Deck Sergeant

I agree, its very sad really. The Cat's paper origami are squids?? hahaha doesnt look like it to me, and it makes no sense either.

3. Kaluss

Kaluss Third Technician

I have to believe that there is going to be a big twist in tonights episode. If they can pull it off i think it could be excellent but we'll have to wait and see. I still think the biggest clue so far has been Lister reading chinese and not knowing he could.. If this has no further meaning then why would they put it in the script as it would have served absolutly no purpose what so ever.. i'm still theorising we are looking at a mass holusination dispair squad style situation :P I truly believe if they can pull it off with classic dwarf style it could bring new meaning to these last two episodes.. like a 2 episode build up to one massive gag.

Oh and i agree i think my favourite series are actually 5 and 6. I recently saw 7 and 8 again and to be honest i really enjoyed them. The humor was definatly there but it seems a lot more subdued in these specials so far. To be honest i think they just need more developement time before filming. Unless of course it has been done on purpose in order to reel us into a large overall gag. Ah i'm a little too obsessed lol.. i'm just so happy to see the crew back again, i want to see them have the chance to create more classic dwarf purhaps time is all they need to re-capture what they once had and at the same time get comfortable with continuing to eveolve the comedy/sci-fi/characters :-D

I will never give up faith in Red Dwarf