Red Dwarf 13 confirmed?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by Titanbeing, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

Nikki the Great likes this.
  2. UltraDevotee

UltraDevotee Catering Officer

I got all my info from the official RD twitter account and yes Rob Grant was at DJ on the final evening. It was the thirtieth anniversary one after all. If series 13 is to go ahead didn't Doug mention something about possibly some kind of role for Rob Grant in it?

I do love most of Doug's solo RD with some exceptions of course but to have Rob Grant back on board would be great. I think though if I remember correctly if you read between the lines it was implied by Doug that Rob Grant may not necessarily be back in a writing capacity. Have I remembered this correctly from what Doug mentioned earlier this year because it really seems very unprecedented for him to finally return?

Still just have to wait and see...

3. UltraDevotee

I suppose like you say Dimension Jump was created by the official Red Dwarf Fan Club I think and is not actually part of Grant-Naylor productions anyway so really the commission should go ahead before the next DJ if the issues can be resolved given that logic. And like I said, I agree with Craig that they need to get to work on it as soon as possible.

So hopefully Doug will be right and the issues can be sorted out as fast as possible and a commission not too long away.

I suppose although I understand that DJ and Grant Naylor productions/Dave are independent you can maybe understand why I was a little concerned because the previous three series commissions were all announced at DJ.

Still like you say given the logic that DJ is ultimately separate I really hope to see a commission as soon as possible, latest by early next year otherwise it really is looking like it will be another 4 year hiatus that really can be ill afforded now especially if there is to be a live show, maybe even a movie also.

So fingers crossed there is hopefully some great news in the not too distant future.

4. Carrie TORDFC

Carrie TORDFC Second Officer Fan Club Team

TORDFC/DJ and GNP have no official ties. Any announcement of new series of Red Dwarf has zero to do with DJ's timings. If they correlate then that's great. But one is not dependant on the other. We have nothing to do with commissioning or affiliated announcements.

sundayforsammy and Asclepius like this.
  5. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

6. Asclepius

Asclepius Deck Sergeant

7. dvd3500

dvd3500 Supply Officer

There is no floor 13...

8. Pembers

Pembers Console Officer

Seems to me more like he’s getting annoyed at the lack of confirmation, asking when and threatening an invasion.

9. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

This is ridiculous

10. UltraDevotee

Tomorrow is Red Dwarf's 31st birthday and wouldn't it be great if the Friday update was to announce a commission for series 13 as well as celebrate the 31st. That would be one sensmegginsational way to celebrate the big day to know that new Red Dwarf was going to be made past its 30th year and after all it is nigh on 3 years since any new material was last filmed now. The chances of that announcement not being made are (probably) one in one but hey I can dream can't I? Series 11 and 12 were the two best since 1993 so I want more, please for sure as time is passing and there is meant to be a stage show too after it at some point. If it is another 4 year gap why not two series filmed at once again to compensate for the long hiatus, maybe?

Still think it sounds like series 13 - if it does eventually all being well go ahead - might be the last TV series sadly.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Asclepius and dvd3500 like this.
  11. Kittypaws

Kittypaws Flight Co-Ordinator

*about to pass out from all the anticipation*

12. TongueTiedMateyBoy

TongueTiedMateyBoy Third Technician

Still pretty skeptical about all this...would rather wait for official official confirmation without getting my hopes up.

13. Asclepius

Asclepius Deck Sergeant

The cast and Doug met up this week. They could ordinary go for a curry, but this article made me think it's been something more. Fingers crosssed...

UltraDevotee likes this.
  14. UltraDevotee

It certainly sounds promising and like something is being implied. Like with series 10-11/12, another spring commission for Red Dwarf then. If series 13 is to be filmed in autumn this year then maybe we can expect a late 2020 broadcast, which would be a 3 year hiatus as opposed to last time's 4 years and would bring new Red Dwarf being shown into the twenties!

Still I'm getting a bit ahead of myself but I really hope soon is the time for the commission to be announced!

15. DivineVarod

DivineVarod Supply Officer

16. UltraDevotee

Sounds like it could be another 4 year hiatus then which is disappointing...hey ho pip and dandy as you say in your signature and looks like I got somewhat ahead of myself. Just have to hope for a breakthrough soon because it would be really pleasing if they could get 13 filmed autumn this year so it would only be the 3 years. After all on the series 12 making off documentary, Craig said how they needed to get going with the next Dwarf fast. It's a shame it is about money because Red Dwarf is a legend and IMHO the greatest TV programme ever.

Finally, no Rob Grant on the pictures looks like it means that he will not be involved again and has declined Doug's invitation...however, if series 13 is of the same excellent quality of 11 and 12 then I will surely be satisfied.

17. Asclepius

Asclepius Deck Sergeant

Well, we can't be sure they have problems with money. I think this is just how it goes in TV. When you want t shot something, you have to find money for it. And Danny said they're deciding WHICH Executive would do it. It's very good, if they have some executive produces to choose from, isn't it? :-)

18. DivineVarod

DivineVarod Supply Officer

Danny will be doing a solo tour this year, so I guess if there are any new recordings will be after that …?

19. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

That is to assume he was even invited.

20. Asclepius

Asclepius Deck Sergeant

I think this is far too much speculating, guys. All we have is couple of photos...