Red Dwarf Blu Rays

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by SweatyChimpBoy, Jan 30, 2018.

1. UltraDevotee

UltraDevotee Catering Officer

Okay, it was a real shame that the blu-ray set of series 1 to 8 was delayed as I had been looking forward to enjoying them throughout autumn. But at least when the release was deferred there was such open and honest communication from this website and Doug regarding the 3 month delay and they would let us know whether there would be any more hitches.

But anyhow, release is now set surely for January 14th (the next target date after October has been met) so next year will start as a happy new Dwarfathon year. It’s so astonishing that I have not watched series 1 to 10 since May 2015 to September 2015. It’s been so long, too long - obviously as I wanted to wait until the blu-ray set was out. Still patience can be a virtue and it’s getting so close to the release now - just one month.

I really hope that the quality has indeed improved as the DVD versions’ images had started to look a bit shoddy on these modern HD TVs.

To be honest, if I had known that the Blu-rays were going to be delayed from October until 2019 I would probably have back in May this year simply have just started my Dwarf marathon then with the old DVD versions because surely the picture can’t be that terrible and after all that October date was not set in stone and the next year was so long away. But anyway although it will be quite over 3 years since last watching series 1-10, I suppose in the summer the World Cup and the Crystal Maze was on so I might not have got through as many episodes as I wanted to watch on each day and I really hope my patience has paid off and the visuals have significantly improved enough to justify the wait and re-purchase! Whatever - and it sounds certainly hopeful for a better looking Red Dwarf despite series 1-8 being between thirty and almost twenty years ago - even though there is still no sign of a commission for series 13 yet, 2019 is going to be a happy new Red Dwarf year!

2. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

Who are you

3. Chooky88

Chooky88 Third Technician

It says Available In Australia on the RD Website. , then after ordering it Amazon tells me they can't ship non digital items to Australia!

The Amazon Australia website is very limited to a couple of Martian Power Packs and an inflatable Banana. Some Red Dwarf DVDs but no Blue Ray set.. . Anyone know how I can get it without resorting to some rip off Ebay seller?

4. kenny222

kenny222 Skutter

Ask nicely and someone can ship you one. Probably wont be cheap though.

Chooky88 likes this.
  5. dvd3500

dvd3500 Catering Officer

Red Dwarf Blu rays the same week that the UK will likely have to choose between utter chaos, mild chaos or ice cream trucks making deliveries in H-E-Double Hockey Stick.... seems like a fair trade...

6. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Console Officer

Yeah ! While the UK is going on about Brexit and what will happen, I will be absorbed in a Marathon BluRay Red Dwarf session. "boys from the Dwarf" ;-)

Pembers likes this.
  7. Eddiebadassdavis

Eddiebadassdavis Supply Officer

I wonder if they will release it in region 4,
    Well still bluray has a region b so what the hell

8. Asclepius

Asclepius Deck Sergeant

There's a e-shop shipping it to the Czech Republic relatively cheap. Maybe Amazon does it too, but I won't create an account just to find this out.

The Blu Rays look very very good and it almost makes me buy them, but I always remember that I don't own Blu Ray player. :-(

9. Eddiebadassdavis

Eddiebadassdavis Supply Officer

I heard that the picture quality is crap

10. darnall42

darnall42 Third Technician

well i was going to pick this up from my local HMV on monday,but with them being in receivership and at the moment not stocking any new releases i sadly won't be getting this set (i try to avoid buying from the tax fiddlers amazon ;-) ) i have all the dvds plus the bodysnacther set so they'll do me for now :-)

11. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

12. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

13. kenny222

kenny222 Skutter

14. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

Errr isn’t that obvious from my question?

15. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

16. Chooky88

Chooky88 Third Technician

They just turned up on m. Zavvi.com.au for about 70 dollars AU Inc Postage. Thank you though. Nice to know the community is happy to help feelow dwarfers around the globe!

Pembers likes this.
  17. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Flight Co-Ordinator

18. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

Hi

19. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer